Welcome Message from the Educational Supervisor - KG & Primary
The Kindergarten Curriculum is a child-cantered, developmentally appropriate, integrated program of learning for the young children. The curriculum enables outstanding teaching and learning opportunities. The purpose of the program is to establish a strong foundation for learning in the early years, and to do so in a safe and caring, play-based environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children.
The primary goals of the Kindergarten curriculum are:
- to establish a strong foundation for learning;
- to help children make a smooth transition from home, child care, or preschool settings to school settings;
- to allow children to reap the many proven benefits of learning through relationships, and through play and inquiry;
- to set children on a path of lifelong learning and nurture competencies that they will need to thrive in the world of today and tomorrow.
- to support the creation of a learning environment that allows all children to feel comfortable in applying their unique ways of thinking and learning;
- to built around expectations that are challenging but attainable;
- to achieve excellence, promote well-being, and enhancing their confidence.
- To develop a sense of empathy and a deep understanding of the world around them.
A wide range of hands on relevant, first-hand opportunities and multi-sensorial learning experiences has been provided for our Kindergarten students to develop these skills. Over the years, there has been a change in our educational approach, to equip our students with all the 21st century skills and to prepare them for the challenges ahead of life.
Reggio Emilia Approach
Reggio Emilia Approach is a unique, innovative and inspiring approach to early childhood education. This approach has encouraged our children with constructing their own learning, collaborating socially and communicating through their own investigations, with the environment.
The teacher strive to support high-quality learning while giving every child the opportunity to learn in the way that is best suited to the child’s individual strengths and needs. The Kindergarten program is designed to help every child reach his or her full potential through a program of learning that is coherent, relevant, and age appropriate. It recognizes that, today and in the future, children need to be critically literate in order to synthesize information, make informed decisions, communicate effectively, and thrive in an ever-changing global community. It is important for children to be connected to the curriculum, and to see themselves in what is taught, how it is taught, and how it applies to the world at large. The curriculum recognizes that the needs of learners are diverse and helps all learners develop the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to become informed, productive, caring, responsible, and active citizens in the world.
The Kindergarten students are enthused by what they are learning, and our teachers are passionate about what they are teaching.